Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Handwork and More Handwork

I've stitched and sold my first aspen grove piece at my open studio.  It was my favourite, and I ended up spending some time skethcing the photo out as well.  I showed you those in an earlier post.  It's currently my favourite composition, and so I started things up again because I enjoy it so much.


There's just something about the yellow that makes me so happy.  I decided I wanted to spend a lot of time on this, so I went big.  it's 6"x15" / 15cm x 40cm.


As I'm working on it, I often post on Instagram (that's why you haven't seen me much here).  Comments roll in, and I suddenly realize, OOPS!  A cyber friend of mine requests a commission for a 4" round framed version of this.  Since January seems to be the month of multitasking, I get my hoop out and get to work on another, right on top of the current work.


She has something to put this in that has a 4" circular hole.  My friend Patti pointed out how the photo above looks like a magnification of the piece under it.  !  It does!

And here it is - tada!  Thankfully, my customer/friend loves it and it's been mailed off to her already.  I look forward to seeing how she frames it.


And now, switching gears, I best get back to that large threadpainting...

Have a great week!!  Linking to WIP Wednesday @ TN&TN
~Monika

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Just gorgeous, Monika

Margaret said...

It's beautiful -- but...the framing?! Ah, there's the rub! I have two lovely petit point pieces done by my mother and in round frames. When I went to replace them (the frames, that is; they were very old) the framer (very reputable in Calgary) said...something to the effect that "they don't make these any more". We opted for fresh (read: acid-free) baking and she repaired the existing frames and re-framed the pair. They hang in my home today, a beautiful memento. As for your client -- I hope she already has the frame!!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Gorgeous work.Your birch trees look very life-like.

Thanks for linking to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *