Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 21 December 2015

Happy Winter Solstice!

Happy Winter Solstice 2015!


I haven't been sewing much this week!  Today I cleaned most of the house, baked loaves of bread, trays of cinnamon buns, cream puffs, chocolate cake, and several dozen gingersnaps with fresh ginger!  Tomorrow, we will cook the turkey.  That's a lot of food, right?  It's just for this house.  I can't for the life of me understand how my kids and husband are able to eat so much food.  the gingersnaps are gone, as are half the cinnamon buns already!  The cake - it's gluten free and small.  It's for me.  I've got fresh whipped cream to go with it, and I'm contemplating, cranberries or cherries?  hmmm...

We celebrated with some other folks over the weekend, and have enjoyed a lovely show of Northern Lights.  The weather is mild and the snow isn't deep at all.  We just came back from a run with the dog in the park in the dark under the starlit sky.  It's do beautiful out there!!  We open our gifts at Solstice.  Everyone is home and I am so happy this week.  : )

From our family to you, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



4 comments:

elle said...

I've been waiting for the solstice to change up to the winter decorating. woohoo! And we finally got snow, lots of it!!!

liniecat said...

Merry Christmas and hope you have a great time and woo wooo the days will be getting longer here on in!
: )

Love the star!!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Bet your house smells wonderful with all that cooking and baking going on. Have a wonderful holiday and a very Merry Christmas! Yay for longer daylight hours :)

Lin said...

Have a lovely time Monika and enjoy all that delicious food. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *