Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 14 August 2014

Slowly, this Summer

Thank GOODNESS my life is slowing down.  There are less than three weeks left until school starts.  It's HOT HOT HOT out, at the height of summer.


We spent an amazing day at the lake for my youngest boy's birthday.  It was a Monday, and ten of us hit the beach late in the afternoon as the rest of the folks hit the road to head home for supper.  It was perfect.  We had the whole lake to ourselves and stayed until sundown.  It was so awesome!  On the way home, we watched the super moon rise.  It changed from deep rose to pink to apricot to honey as it rose.  It was amazing.  Some of the children with us had never seen that before.  Some had never even swam in a lake!  I am glad we made such an impression on them. : )

mama's cell phone pic from the beach

Liam and I did our stitching demonstrations at the Saskatoon Ex last week and enjoyed the fairgrounds with the rest of the gang for the remainder of the day and into the night.  Summer has been amazing.


On the really hot days, my husband and I have been working on the new studio.  It's coming along.  It's a lot of work doing it on our own.  The ceiling is done.  The drywall mudding continues.

Oh heaven!  I have light!

Let me rephrase that - I have super white bright light just like a sunny afternoon.  It's amazing.  There's two rows of four.  I'll have more lighting over the work counter too.  It's perfect.  I can't tell you how this changes everything when you have to be in a room with small windows.  It's going to be a fabulous winter.

View from the basement sitting area (will be French Doors into my studio)

Studio progress is VERY slow going with everything else going on in our lives this summer.  Once in a while I get down about it.  I think there's no way we'll be done for the end of September.  Then something comes closer to being finished I see such a huge change.  I think my family will be entirely shocked at the living space on our mainfloor once all my stuff moves downstairs.  We just might have to have a dance party and invite the whole neighborhood!

In the mean time, I've completed a tutorial on postcards for a quilting magazine.  Here is a sneak peek of some of my personal postcard picks to be shipped off for a photo session.  Thank you to the makers for allowing me to show of your beautiful pieces.  I'll let you all know when it hits the stands later this year!   (That's all the info I'm giving you!)

Way later... like in the winter. 

It's still summer.  Let's just go with that.  
Enjoy the heat.

'Bloom where you are planted' - I get that now more than ever : )

ps - You can find my Prairie Postcards and framed Threadpaintings at the SK Craft Council Boutique on Broadway in Saskatoon and in the MacKenzie Art Gallery shop in Regina SK.  You can also contact me directly as I have a number of hand stitched pieces available here with me. I'm always making...

Talk soon!

2 comments:

Threadpainter said...

I am so envious !!! ... you have HEAT !, we have COLD, Cold and more Cold ! ... and I'm going camping for 3 weeks in 15 days !!! Where the hell did our summer go ? ... to Saskatchewan I'm guessing !

And ... your new studio looks fabulous !

Lin said...

Lovely post Monika and great photos as always. Hope you find the time to finish your studio soon. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *